View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 29 Jun 2017, 01:40

Welcome
Welcome to the Off Topic

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features, but that is okay because you can either login or register to access the full site. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 For Honor 
1st Administrator
1st Administrator

Have thanks: 483 time
Highscores: 3
Post For Honor
Vikings, Knights and Samurai, oh my!

E3 trailer
phpBB [video]

This is a Ubisoft game, so I am initially skeptical. However, it does look really neat. Like, Chivalry but more intense.

This video does a neat job explaining basic concepts, as well as making you chuckle.
phpBB [video]

-Perhaps the most interesting feature for me is the map.
For Honor is reminiscent of EndWar in that your contributions impact your faction's standing. The map is constantly updating!
-Also, correct me if I am wrong, but I think it is supposed to be cross platform.
-DLC is going to be free!
-There's a free, closed beta soon you can attempt to get in on.
phpBB [video]

Thoughts?

22 Jan 2017, 18:38
Captain
Captain

Have thanks: 270 time
Post Re: For Honor
Looks pretty fun! Hopefully it will be good. I guess Ubisoft has lately been improving their track record on games.

23 Jan 2017, 10:46
1st Administrator
1st Administrator

If this game turns out to be even decent then I may get it. A cross platform game would allow us to play together for the first time in forever!

23 Jan 2017, 12:46
Captain
Captain

Byzantine Bomb wrote:
If this game turns out to be even decent then I may get it. A cross platform game would allow us to play together for the first time in forever!

Yeah we haven't play together since Verdun. Well hopefully it will have proper cross play. :thumbsup:

24 Jan 2017, 04:56
Captain
Captain

You can get beta code from here: https://scars.forhonorgame.com/en-GB/index.html

You need to choose hero then scroll down until you get to customize your own weapon. When that's done you get beta code.

24 Jan 2017, 16:57
1st Administrator
1st Administrator

Already got one but thanks! I chose the Samurai because they seemed to be the least picked, so I thought choosing them would increase my chances of getting a beta key. :lol:
It worked?

25 Jan 2017, 00:28
Captain
Captain

Played today a bit with Viking Berserk. Not the easiest hero to play that I'm sure of. When you choose your block direction it will stay blocking only for couple of seconds so you need to be constantly timing your blocks depending on when the enemy attacks. Plus side with Berserk is that you can chain your attacks to devastating combos and you gain a lot of heath from executions.

Servers seems to be pretty unstable atm.

26 Jan 2017, 13:44
1st Administrator
1st Administrator

My thoughts:

-Overall, I had a lot of fun. The game can be challenging, even against bots. The heroes seem balanced, this game will take skill.
-Playing PvE still counts towards your factions progress. So you can team up with your friends to kill bots and it still counts!
:clan:
-The practice modes are quite helpful. The game makes you best a bot in the best of 5 rounds before you can unlock multiplayer. A good check on n00bs rushing into multiplayer.
-Graphics seem good to me!
-The environment can kill you, but can also be used to your advantage.
-There's a great deal of customization available, huzzah!

Overall, :ilikeit:

This game is quite good and I will end up getting it for the Xbox.
(No decent gaming PC yet)

There's going to be a second beta (Should be callled a gamma) launching in early February! And this time, it will be open!

31 Jan 2017, 11:04
Captain
Captain

Yeah the game was fun but I still had some concerns/dislikes.

The whole meta game of Faction Wars is not implemented that great imo. You can't really tell at all how much you have contributed to your faction and you can't go to any detail how the past turn played. The game just quickly flashes which faction attacked and where and that's it.

Also there is no word at all how faction player populations are balanced and deploying war assets to specific sections after each game is a bit of a hassle. I'm not sure if you can just choose one place where you will always drop your war assets without manually placing them there after each and every game? Also after first season wouldn't everyone just hop to the faction that won that season in hopes it would most likely win the second season too?

I was hoping Events would have been some special game mode where you could storm a castle or something and get great rewards but it was just a timed community order. :(

Game looked fantastic but I couldn't stand the motion blur when you sprint. Trying to view where enemies were in that blur just causes headache. Also the P2P connections seemed to be going down several times in 4v4 dominion mode. Might be just a beta problem.

I won't be pre-ordering it but might buy for PS4 it after I get some more info on content and performance after launch. I really hope it will be great game as the fighting was ton of fun! :hawk:

31 Jan 2017, 13:00
1st Administrator
1st Administrator

You don't have to deploy your war assets after every single match, as far as I know. If you keep playing the same game type, just deploy them before you switch game types or stop playing.

Events will likely come later, I hope. Perhaps the timed community order was just a place holder?

It seems like lots of people had P2P connection problems but I can't say that I had any games crash on me at all. Any connection problems were resolved within seconds.

01 Feb 2017, 09:05
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]