View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 29 Jun 2017, 01:39

Welcome
Welcome to the Off Topic

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features, but that is okay because you can either login or register to access the full site. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Recipes! 
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Have thanks: 104 time
Post Recipes!
So I actually really enjoy cooking, and I want to start getting together recipes to try!
So if y'all have some cool fun funky recipes from your mom or grandma or self or dog then please share!

I'll start by sharing a really simple recipe for homemade I've made several times that I got from my dad:

Ingredients:
8-9 roma tomatoes
2 green peppers
1 red pepper
1 white onion
1 jalepeño
1 lemon
1 lime
Lemon pepper seasoning

Dice all of the veggies as small as possible (or not, its your life), mix with a large spoon. Squeeze the juice from the lemon and the lime over the veggies and put some lemon pepper seasoning on it, cover the bowl and shake until mixed thoroughly (or whatever)

I like it because I use it for omelettes and junk too because tomatoes and onions rock \m/

Edit: It also tastes really good over fish!

17 Dec 2014, 19:36
Report this post
Colonel
Colonel

Have thanks: 428 time
Highscores: 1
Post Re: Recipes!
Take a paprika and cut a slice off. Break open an egg and put it ind the paprika slice and let it simmer on a fire for a while. Add pepper for extra whatever just add the fucking pepper alright?

18 Dec 2014, 13:18
Report this post
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Have thanks: 247 time
Steps:

-Lightly touch gas pedal until you get to intercom
-look at menu
-decide what you want
-order that *****
-order some more **** cuz your hungry
-stomp on pedal until you reach first window
-pay the *****
-take your big mac with 5 extra large fries and haul ***
CraftyShot has been thanked by:

18 Dec 2014, 18:17
Report this post
Founder
Founder

Have thanks: 221 time
1. Wash out mouth thoroughly with mouthwash such as Listerine
2. Rinse with water
3. Have a glass of Orange Juice
4. ????
5. Profit of the most delicious taste in your mouth you have ever tasted!

18 Dec 2014, 22:43
Report this post
Captain
Captain

Have thanks: 192 time
These are some of my own recipes, or rather adaptions of things that already exist. For instance every little hispanic grandmother knows how to cook picadillo and every home has their version of it, but this is my version of it.

Chicharrones de Pollo (Miami Style Fried Chicken Strips)

What You Will Need:
6 Cloves Mashed Garlic
1 Chopped Onion
1 Cup Lime Juice
1/2 Cup Light Rum
1-2 Chicken Breasts
Plastic Wrap
Salt
Pepper
Cumin
Oregano
Vegetable Oil
1 Cup Flower
2 Teaspoons Salt
2 Teaspoons Black Pepper
1 Egg
2 Tablespoons Water
1 Serving White Rice

Instructions:
Slice chicken breasts into strips (or cubes) and place into shallow pan or bowl. Make marinade using garlic, onion, lime juice and rum. Pour marinade over chicken and make sure each piece is well coated. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for two to three hours. Once time has passed take chicken out of refrigerator and cover the top layer of chicken with salt, pepper, cumin, and oregano by eye. Leave chicken in marinade and begin heating a deep skillet with enough oil to cover at least half of the chicken strips.
As the pan heats start one serving of white rice. Then make an egg wash in a separate bowl using a beaten egg and water. In another bowl or shallow pan mix the flower, salt, and pepper together and set aside. Now take the chicken strips out of the marinade and be sure to let access marinade drip off. Dunk chicken into egg wash, being sure to cover completely. Allow excess to drip off and begin covering the chicken in a layer of flower. Repeat until all pieces have been dipped and coated. Then dust each piece of chicken with more salt, pepper, cumin, and oregano. Then place chicken in heated oil and fry, making sure to turn over occasionally to get an even fry. Be sure to fry in small batches so that heat in skillet or pan does not decrease dramatically. Serve on plate with rice and any other desired side dishes (plantain chips highly suggested).

Picadillo Criollo (There isn't really an American thing to compare this to)

What You Will Need:
2 Cloves Minced Garlic
1/2 Chopped Green Pepper
1 Small Diced Onion
6 Chopped Cherry Tomatoes
1 Handful Raisins
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 1/2 to 2 Pounds Ground Beef
1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
1/4 Cup Dry Red Wine
1 Serving White Rice

Instructions:
Pour olive oil into skillet and put at medium heat. Make a sofrito (base) by mixing minced garlic, chopped green pepper and diced onion together and sautéing in pan until golden. Then add chopped tomatoes and raisins into the mix and turn down to a simmer. As it simmers begin making the white rice. Simmer the sofrito for three minutes and then add ground beef, pepper, salt, cumin, and olive oil (if necessary). Turn heat up to medium high and mix beef into the sofrito, stirring consistently. As beef browns add the wine and reduce to simmer for ten minutes. Serve with white rice and tostones.

Tostones (again, nothing American to compare it to, sorry)

What You Will Need:
2 Large Green Plantains (they HAVE to be green, or it doesn't come out right)
Vegetable Oil (or Coconut Oil for a healthier alternative)
Salt
Powdered Sugar (optional)

Instructions:
Start a skillet heating at medium heat with enough oil to be about half an inch thick. Peel the plantains (there is a very specific way to peel a plantain, you cut off the top and bottom ends and then slide the knife along one of the raised lines on the back of the plantain, then peel apart. If this is confusing there is probably a video on YouTube) and then slice them into pieces one inch in length. When the oil is hot place the pieces of plantain into the skillet in small batches. Check the plantains every thirty seconds until the side submerged in oil is lightly golden, then flip and fry opposite side until the plantain pieces have a uniformed golden color. Remove from oil and smash with a tostonera (if you do not have tostonera you can use the flat side of a small bowl of the flat side of a large knife or a drinking glass). The smashed plantain pieces should be between a quarter inch to a half inch thick. Once all pieces have been fried and smashed raise the heat to medium high and place smashed plantains back into skillet. Allow them to fry until golden brown, checking on them every thirty seconds to every minute. When they have finished frying remove them from oil and place on paper towel and salt. For a sweet and salty taste, put some powdered sugar on each piece.
For a real treat serve with a side of garlic aioli.

Allioli (Garlic Sauce)

What You Will Need:
7 Cloves Chopped Garlic (honestly 6 could be fine, depends on how much kick you want. I go for 7 because I like kick)
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Oregano
2 Egg Yolks
2/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (preferably from Spain, such as Venta Del Barón)

Instructions:
Place the garlic, salt, and oregano into a mortar and pound to a paste. Alternatively, use a food processor. But using the mortar gives better texture and more aroma. Then add lemon juice and egg yolks and continue pounding and mixing. If using a food processor, simply blend them together. Then slowly pour the olive oil in, taking your time to work the oil into the paste. It should take approximately five minutes to work in the oil. If using a food processor, simply poor in and mix in increments. When fully mixed and smooth, cover and place in refrigerator to chill.

19 Dec 2014, 02:43
Report this post
1st Administrator
1st Administrator

Have thanks: 483 time
Highscores: 3
Allioli is good stuff, especially on a cheese burger. I want to try your Chicharrones de Pollo.

19 Dec 2014, 12:48
Report this post
Captain
Captain

Chicharrones de Pollo is fantastic. This is a dorm friendly version of the full recipe if you'd like me to find it. I forget what I changed.
I ended up having tostones tonight with dinner, so I took pictures and will post them with instructions.

19 Dec 2014, 21:25
Report this post
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Have thanks: 104 time
I knew Navy would be the only one to give actual recipes. **** the rest of you nerds

19 Dec 2014, 22:24
Report this post
Captain
Captain

19 Dec 2014, 23:31
Report this post
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Have thanks: 247 time
[quote="firefly"]I knew Navy would be the only one to give actual recipes. **** the rest of you nerds

I don't cook...

Yes I can grill but blah

20 Dec 2014, 20:33
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next